Life As We Know IT

This blog is designed to discuss ideas between the Shirley Family and friends. Ideas dealing with all aspects of Life are welcome.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Debt Free!!


Hello All--I just made my last payment for my college loan. So, Katrina and I are debt free, own two cars, and have no rent or house payment. Man does that feel good. Kaleb is doing great! He is back on track for his weight and is doing lots better with breast feeding. He and Katrina have another appointment tomorrow with the lactation consultant. He also has an ultrasound scheduled for a possible hernia. I don't think it is a big deal; they say it is not uncommon when comming down the birth canel to get one. I will be starting up his 529A plan this month with Uncle Danny. I have completed my training and joined the Ceremonial Flight today. I also performed OIC duties at two funerals on Monday. I got to hand off the flag on my first funeral. I thought it was very awesome. It is hard to explain, but it has never been easier to hold a salute while the firing party and taps is playing. I will be OIC at four funerals on Friday. It should be a great day in Arlington. In my opinion, there is no way to honor fallen soldiers more than by performing final honors with family and close friends. John
P.S. I added a picture of Kaleb and I catching a quick nap on lunch break.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve the Creator said...

Congrats bro! Kaleb looks great! I bet you were having good dreams there. Off to run! Love it!

Friday, June 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home