Life As We Know IT

This blog is designed to discuss ideas between the Shirley Family and friends. Ideas dealing with all aspects of Life are welcome.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

This Week's Adventures





Hello All--We had friends over this week, so Katrina scheduled something everyday of the week. We went to a WNBA game, AAA baseball game, zoo w/ evening concert and more. I have attached some of the pictures for your viewing pleasure. There is one of Kaleb and I after this week. I had a 12.4 mile race today. I wanted to give Steve the splits. He has been asking my pace for different runs. 6:39, 6:35, 6:45, 6:57, 7:04, 6:32 (downhill), 7:05, 7:13 (uphill), 6:55, 6:49, 6:45, 6:47, and 2:46 (0.4). I had a total time of 1:24:58. This was my longest distance run of the summer. I had only went 11 miles last Sunday. I have never ran just a half marathon, but my fastest half of the full marathon is 1:27:30. I had Isshin-Ryu Karate training this Saturday. We started conditioning our arms to take a blow. My are are very sore. I told Chris I would give him some websites on Isshin-Ryu, so they are attached if anyone wants to see the art I am studying under an Army Ranger here on Bolling. http://www.wholeheartednews.com/index.php http://www.olemiss.edu/orgs/karate/ On a different note, my nipple started bleeding from the rubbing on the shirt during todays run. That is the first time I have had that happen. My calfs are also sore from the run. I guess: No Pain; No Gain! Peace Out (I stole this from Chris) He had a spell a year ago where he would say this all the time. I will give you $50 for the diebetes foundation. If you need it before the race, I will need you to e-mail me your address again. I plan to run the MCM between 3:16:38 and 3:29:45. My PR is 3:23:39. I just hope my legs don't give out. My hip is still bothering me as well. I guess I better go, before something else breaks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve the Creator said...

You and Chris are thieves! Is that my shirt you have on laying on the floor? MMmmmmmm. It sure looks like it. I know Chris has been the biggest thief over the years. Anyway, good pics! Those times on running are pretty impressive and I have a lot of work to do. It is inspiring though. I just hope I can come in a respectable second place. As the wise one says, "peace out".

Sunday, August 13, 2006  
Blogger Steve the Creator said...

I looked up the qualifying time for the Boston Marathon. Wow! It's up there! 3:10 for 18-34 year old men. Good luck buddy! I just hope I don't die...

Monday, August 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home