Life As We Know IT

This blog is designed to discuss ideas between the Shirley Family and friends. Ideas dealing with all aspects of Life are welcome.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

...1000 Words


Belgium -- I got your Belgium right heeerrre! That's what I think of that! I found this pick from Brussels somewhere and thought it was a funny intro to be blabbing some more. On 06-9 April, Delia and I are planning a trip to drive to Brussels, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg. Basically, we have a baseball double-header in the Netherlands on the 7th and I am turning it into a road trip. A little open Autobaun for the soul. It should be fun. I know Keri and Colin have been to Amsterdam...we are not going that far north. Has anyone else been in that neck of the woods? Tell me about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve the Creator said...

...Here's the real story:

The Manneken Pis or "pissing little boy" is a symbol of Brussels and was created in 1619 It is a bronze statue, which is only around 60cm tall - you would walk right past it if it wasn't surrounded by tourists... When we went to Brussels he was naked, but he in fact has hundreds of costumes, and you may come across him dressed in a particular one at certain times of the year.

Thursday, March 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home