Life As We Know IT

This blog is designed to discuss ideas between the Shirley Family and friends. Ideas dealing with all aspects of Life are welcome.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Word of the Day: Transmogrified

Almost every day I am coming across new words that I don't know what they mean or where they came from. Mostly just eager writer's flipping through a thesaurus I imagine. Anyway, I am going to start putting my words here so all can join in the fun. Here is a quote from a Wall Street Journal article I was reading that uses the word transmogrified:
--------------
"For many, Iraq is no longer a war whose prognosis is to be judged empirically. It has instead transmogrified into a powerful symbol that apparently must serve deeply held, but preconceived, beliefs -- the deceptions of Mr. Bush, the folly of a neoconservative cabal, the necessary comeuppance of the American imperium, or the greed of an oil-hungry U.S."
--------------
Writing this post has transmogrified my brain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home